The Proboards modding community no longer uses Texmod, see Mod:Create Reskins instead
Texture files are the colors, styles, and designs for all items, people and places in the game.
A modder can then change the color and texture of these files, or even draw in these texture files, compile these texture files, and then play these files in Dead Rising 2 with texmod.
1. Start Textmod.
2. Click the yellow folder icon under "Target Application"
3. Search for your Deadrising2.exe file
4. Select Deadrising2.exe.
5. On the Texmod box, click the middle button "Logging Mode"
6. Change the output format to dds.
7. Under Log with select the button to save the texture in. The default is the Enter key. This can be changed to any of the F-keys. But remember the game uses many of these F-keys.
8. Under Output folder select which folder the converted textures will be saved in.
7. When you start the game four lines of instruction will appear in red:
8. When the game starts press the - key. You will start to see the different textures in the top left corner.
The texture which is being shown in the corner of the screen will turn bright green.
9. When you want to save the texture press Enter (or the F-button you choose) This texture will go to the Texmod/out folder by default.
Below are some of the texture pictures.
Continue to Mod:Create_Reskins for instructions on how to modify these reskins.
Controls in Logging mode[edit source]
All controls are located on your numpad.
|+||Select next texture|
|-||Select previous texture|
|*||Only choosen textures will be selectable. This filters selected (drawn) textures.|
|/||reset filter mode (show all textures again, including those textures you have not selected)|
|,||If you have selected a Deffile on the Texmode box at startup, Texmod will reload the replacement definition file. This will reload modified textures without restarting Dead Rising 2.|
- "That was with Texmod.... http://filesmelt.com/dl/texmod.zip Launch deadrising2.exe with logging mode, use numpad + and - to sort through textures, rip the ones you want, exit the game and edit what you want, then create a package of the .log file it creates and re-launch the game with package mode or whatever it's called."
- Dead Rising 2 props
- www.facepunch.com is the official gmod forum
- Message User talk:A for these files if unable to download from garrysmod
- Message eggman249 on both deadrising2mods.proboards.com and deadrisingwiki.chatango.com
- Open VTF files in DR2 models/materials/models/Deadrising with VTFEdit
- file>export to export as a .png file or other format
- Blender is a free program which will make 3d models.
- Milkshape is a program for $40 which will make 3d models.
- 3d modder model updates? (Cinema 4D and blender), Dead Rising 2 PC Mods, (October 21, 2010).