Dead Rising 2 Mods, short for modifications, and also called "trainers" or "cheats", is software for the PC version of Dead Rising 2 which adds extra features to the Dead Rising 2 game.
There are three locations for mods, trainers and forums about modding:
- Pro Board Dead Rising 2 PC Mods
- Xentax Forums, mod forum for all games, but has around 90 entries on Dead Rising.
- Game Copy World (trainers only)
Learn to mod[edit source]
To the right is a box with links to tutorials. There are several kinds of mods:
- Mods which move items around in the game. Example: placing all of the magazines in the Safe House
- Mods which change the appearance of items in the game (reskin). Example: Changing the color and design of Chuck's jacket.
- Mods which create new items, missions, or characters. Example: Creating a bow and arrow which electrocutes zombies
- Mods which swap around the skins (appearances) of items or characters (model swaps). Example: A player can play as Rebecca.
- Mods which unlock items or abilities in the game. Example: Unlock all cars
The program Gibbed's is a necessity in modding. It allows the modder to unpack (open) original files and repack edited files. Follow these instructions to download Gibbed's.
Once Gibbed's is downloaded, it is recommended that you try the easiest type of mod first, adding, moving, and removing items in the game. See Mod:Adding new items for instructions how.
- The Bigfile.xml is a file Gibbeds creates. Unpacking with QuickBSM you'll notice there is no Bigfile.
See also[edit source]
- Modding Tutorials, Dead Rising 2 PC Mods.
- Ridgeley, Sean. Dead Rising 2 Mod & Tweak Guide, NeoSeeker, (October 19, 2010).
Site claiming no zombies or time in Case Zero: Unlimited Time and NO ZOMBIES in Dead Rising 2 Case Zero (Gamesave Included), se7ensins, (September 7, 2010).Update: This glitch has been fixed by the developers. The gamesave download link is also down.
- PedRising, unfinished Beta mod for Grand Theft Auto.